Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Love The Little Things


It's hard to appreciate the small things in life when you're busy doing work, and losing yourself to the digital world. A typical day probably isn't very exciting unless you see your favorite food item is available today while browsing the PSU Dining App (well... I find that exciting at least).

Get up. Go to class. Eat. More classes. Eat. Work. Sleep. Repeat.

Man Sleeping At Desk

Yeah, life seems pretty dull when you put it like that, right? What I want to show people in my Passion Blog is how to be bored. In a work-oriented world where it's important to be focused at all times on the job at hand, I feel it's important to let yourself go sometimes, take a break, slow down, and get distracted. 

A lot of joy can be taken out of the little things that happen around you or the weird stuff you find just walking around: the leaves changing color, the sound of an afternoon breeze, the smell of fried food, the profound thoughts of viewing a dead squirrel on a sidewalk... Whoa, what? That was oddly specific and morbid... (Will be elaborated in a later post)

I hope my Passion Blog, "Loving the Little Things", will let others see how something small can make their whole day better. Happiness doesn't come to you, it's what you make of it. 

Image result for have a good day

3 comments:

  1. Since I've been here at PSU, this struggle has been exacerbated to the max. I rarely stop the hustle and bustle of my crazy life to appreciate where I am and the opportunities I have. Even some simple things can make the difference if we just stop and think. This is still one of the hardest things for me personally, because stress often consumes the daily life of myself and others I know. When we all slow down, I come to see we all enjoy our time much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I completely agree that in our work-oriented world it is really hard to slow down a take a break. I look forward to reading about all the little ways to enjoy life a little more. It is definitely much needed with how much stress our generation feels in today's society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the premise of this blog, Annabelle! It's important to notice our surroundings and cultivate some gratitude. (And it's hard, too, given that we're always hustling.) This blog will be a good reminder for us to slow down and savor.

    My only critique: I want to hear more! You just seem to be warming up when the post ends, which left me longing for more depth of content in this opening post.

    Looking forward to your future observations.

    ReplyDelete

Music Says What Words Cannot

I have been surrounded for pretty much my entire life. In my mom's belly I listened to all the smart baby music, Mozart, Haydn, Beethove...